Is your workout routine damaging your skin? From pimples to pre-mature ageing, sweat can wreak havoc on your complexion.
The World Health Organisation recommends that adults engage in a minimum of 150 minutes of moderate exercise every week. No matter whether you choose to jog outdoors, take a yoga class or hit the stationery bike at the gym, that’s a whole lot of sweat. The question is, while exercise and sweat are good for your body – is it good for your skin?
The short answer is NO. While sweating aids in the accelerated release of toxins from the body, it has also been proven to cause a number of skin problems, and to exacerbate already-existing ones too.
So, How Does Sweat Damage Your Skin?
Sweat can damage your skin in the following ways:
- Those who enjoy vigorous workouts may be subjecting their skin to oxidative stress i.e. when large amounts of free radicals are released as our cells use glucose to make energy. This can encourage collagen degeneration, which equals a decrease in the skin’s elasticity.
- Sweat contains high levels of sodium, which can cause dryness and dehydration.
- Clogged pores are often bought about as a result of sweat and may evolve into unsightly pimples, blackheads and blotches.
- Sweat alters the pH balance of the skin. When this happens, redness, irritation, itching and blotchiness often follows.
- Sweat drains toxins, and if you work out quite a lot, it can also result in the loss of key minerals and vitamins that are essential for promoting a healthy complexion.
Common Skin Problems Caused by Sweat
Active men and women may experience dry skin, persistent redness, sun damage, itchiness, acne flare-ups, chafing and sebum build-up (a waxy substance which can clog pores) as a result of sweat and regular exercise.
Common Symptoms of Sweat-Related Skin Problems
Are you suffering from skin problems but aren’t sure if they are a result of sweat? The most common symptoms of sweat-related problems include bumps around the T-zone area, blisters on the face and neck, small pimples and blackheads all over the face and body where you tend to sweat the most, and a rash on the face, neck and chest.
Can Sweat Speed Up the Ageing Process?
YES, it can. Exercise and sweat can lead to a loss of collagen and may encourage premature facial sagging. Due to the fact that sweat can cause dryness, it can also lead to more prominent wrinkles.
Exercise works wonders for your health – and you deserve to reap those benefits without having to endure skin-related consequences as well. Introducing the OOLALA SWEAT 3-step solution. Your new unisex skincare go-to for a flawless complexion no matter how much or how often you sweat.
1. READY: 3in1 Detox Activated Charcoal Cleanser + Toner + Exfoliator
2. SET: 2in1 Day Moisturiser & Sunblock with Non Nano Zinc Oxide
3. GO: Cucumber & Juniper Berry Hydration Face Mist + Vitamin Booster
Containing ingredients like detoxifying ACTIVATED CHARCOAL, wrinkle-fighting GRAPE SEED OIL and sun-protecting ZINC OXIDE, it’s all you need to get a face that’s as fit as your body – no sweat!
CLICK HERE TO PRE-ORDER NOW & RECEIVE 20% OFF YOUR FIRST PURCHASE PLUS FREE SHIPPING!
USE PROMO CODE: SWEAT at checkout.
6 PRODUCTS FORMULATED INTO 3 FOR THE PRICE OF 3!
Pre-orders close Thursday, 11 February 2019 at midnight.
P.S Join our squad on Instagram for #OolalaCollection tips, takeovers, behind the scenes footage and the latest specials!
PPS. Like the Oolala Collection Facebook page to find out more about the latest product launches and events.
For all questions you can chat to our OolalaBOT…your personal shopper;)
or email: [email protected]
NATURAL. VEGAN. CRUELTY FREE. PARABEN FREE. PROUDLY SOUTH AFRICAN.
Oolala for now!